Permaculture Research Institute Cold Climate is a community of "learners and doers" that fosters an abundant and restorative culture. Anchored in permaculture ethics and design principles, our organization provides leadership and hope by enthusiastically tackling the problems of today and directing our organizational energy towards creating an equitable, abundant, and just future. PRI Cold Climate is a certified 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit organization.
With creativity, knowledge, and passion we design and demonstrate permaculture systems for living sustainably in colder climates for individuals and organizations working towards healthy communities and ecosystems.
- The "marginal"
- Lifelong learning
- Innovation and creativity
- Hopeful and passionate people
- Resources for future generations
- The complex inter-relationships of all things
- Fair and just social and economic relationships
- Multi-cultural, multi-generational events and opportunities
- Health, beauty, and diversity of natural ecosystems and the living organisms that inhabit them
- The scientific method: strategic, slow, systematic, and synergistic processes and systems